Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again...

It's been 2 weeks since I completed the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure (http://www.the3day.org/), and I've been waiting patiently (or as patiently as I can) for my body to be back to "normal."

Finally, after a solid 2 weeks of healing (blisters, Achilles tendon) I feel like I'm finally as close to normal as I can be. Obviously I'm not going to be 100% yet, but I feel so much better. (For those of you who saw me walking like I got off a horse the day after the walk was over, I am now upright and my legs are a normal distance apart.)

To celebrate my feeling of normalness, I decided to begin my training for the 2011 3-Day for the Cure. If I can manage to keep walking consistently I hope to have no major issues with my feet next year.

My first attempt was this morning, I enlisted my friend Sarah to come to the Farmington Canal with me. We walked and talked, 45 minutes out and 45 minutes back. Knowing full well that I wasn't in the shape to keep the 3 miles/hour pace, I was unsure as to how far we would actually go. But after coming home and mapping it, we did close to 4.5 miles. I feel great! What a great way to start the week off!

I hope the rest of the week goes as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment