Friday, March 11, 2011

Fundraising has started... I hope...

I was trying to decide what to blog about, since it occured to me I hadn't made an entry since the beginning of February. I haven't really been "training" on the walking front, since I just completed my first 5K "run" since High School, so I was focused more on the running, and to be honest I probably will still continue to focus on the running. I will participate in some group training walks and may do some walks around my neighborhood to prepare (especially longer walks as the walk gets closer) but for the day-to-day, I think I'll run. It presents more of a challenge to me, and I need to build on my endurance.

But I digress...

Today I started to refocus myself on fundraising. I realized I only had $500 or so raised for the walk so far, and my Komen email this morning told me the walk was only 19 weeks away! (Holy CRAP!) So I figured I needed around $1800. (Less than $100/wk)


My email campaign begain officially today. And I would like to give a great big THANK YOU to the folks at work who responded overwhelmingly today. I now have only $1600 to raise! Amazing!

I haven't planned any "fun"draisers yet, but will be looking to do so in May or June, but if anyone has any suggestions (particularly ones that involve minimal up-front costs) please be sure to throw them my way.

Thanks for following along... I'll try to have more interesting updates in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment